Russell Boring, better known as (JOBA) is a American rapper, singer, songwriter, sound engineer, and record producer best known for being a member, rapper, singer, audio engineer, and producer of the American boyband BROCKHAMPTON.
Biography[edit | edit source]
Boring was born in Houston, Texas which is where he spent a majority of his childhood. He met his future band members Kevin Abstract, Ameer Vann, Matt Champion, and Merlyn Wood at Woodlands High School though he was a year above them. After graduating from high school, he would continue to work with Kevin, Matt, and Ameer on their early music as their audio engineer. In 2015, Boring would be asked by Kevin Abstract to join "BROCKHAMPTON" which he accepted, he would move in a house in San Marcos, Texas with the group while also attending school for vocal performing. After the group relocated to Los Angeles, Boring would continue to mix and master all of the collective's music while also being a main vocalist.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- He is one of the most well known members in BROCKHAMPTON due to his eccentricity, unpredictability, and vocal delivery presented on tracks such as "HEAT", "SWAMP", "JOHNNY", and "SWEET"
- He never appeared a lot in the band's ViceLand series "American Boyband", which he mentioned in his verse on the song "JOHNNY" from SATURATION III.
- He has produced numerous tracks by the group such as "GUMMY", "JUNKY", and "TEAM".
- His rap verses frequently feature him talking about his struggles with being bipolar and having Dissociative identity disorder.
- He has an album that he has been keeping hidden for quite sometime.
- He got his stage name from a secret language that he used to have with his brother when he was younger.
- He has an astonishing ability to make any haircut look good