Matt Champion is a American rapper, singer, and songwriter best known for being a member, rapper, and singer of the American boyband BROCKHAMPTON. He is also known for appearing on Kevin Abstract's "SNAKES", along with his solo singles such as "Fangs", "Mansions", "El Dorado" and "Emotion" which was removed from all online streaming platforms.
Biography[edit | edit source]
Champion was born and raised in the Woodlands, Texas. During his time in high school, he made music solely before meeting his future band members Kevin Abstract, Ameer Vann, Merlyn Wood, and JOBA at The Woodlands High School as they would continue to make music together all the way up to the formation of BROCKHAMPTON. After joining BROCKHAMPTON in 2015, Champion released his first two solo singles: "Burn" and "You're Too Cool For Me" and proceeded to release a numerous amount of singles until the release his surprise album "HARLEY" in March 2017, and single "Emotion" in May 2020 which was removed from all online streaming platforms. Not much is known about Matt's personal life as he prefers to keep low-key profile.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Matt is known for his incredible versatility, vocal delivery, and growth as an artist throughout the entire SATURATION Trilogy.
- Matt's verse in "JUNKY" received critical acclaim as he speaks about rape culture and misogyny. He revealed in a interview in MTV that it has affected him in real life and felt the need to speak on it.
- Matt made his singing debut on the album ALL-AMERICAN TRASH on the tracks "PALACE" and "POISON".
- Matt has the most verses on SATURATION III.
- ￼￼"Emotion" was removed from online music platforms due to "unknown" reasons.